The hostess must be like the duck calm and unruffled on the surface, and paddling like heck underneath.

Monday, September 1, 2008

Lemon Bars

Ohhhh..... I LOVE lemon bars! Anything lemon really. I like to eat mine cold right out of the fridge and Shane likes his just a little warm. I hope that you love them as much as we do.



For the crust you will need:
  • 1 c butter (2 sticks) softened
  • 2 c flour
  • 1/2 c powdered sugar
Mix well and pat into a 9x13 pan, bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.
For the filling you will need:4 eggs
  • 2 c sugar
  • 5 T flour
  • 1/4 c lemon juice
  • 1 t baking powder
Beat eggs, add all remaining ingredients, mix well, pour over hot crust. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool, sprinkle with powdered sugar and cut into bars.
  • Word to the wise - remember that the pan is still HOTwhen putting it back in the oven! Take it from someone who is VERY familiar with burns, use the hot pads. :)

3 comments:

colleen said...

Yeah!!! I now have the recipe in my own personal possession! YUM!

Miralyn said...

I haven't really checked out your grub blog. Lots of good stuff!!!

Monica said...

I think you must have gone private because I can't get on your blog anymore! I saw your sweet comment on my joy post. I loved what you said about finding joy in trials. I don't know if you knew about our trial this last year, but I thought yoy would want to know. I'll have to share it with you! You can facebook me or email me~ monicasmail@cox.net sure love you girl and think about you and your family often.