Another one of my favorites! I actually love to eat this for dinner. I'm more of a cereal kind of girl for breakfast. I'm sure that most of you know how to make french toast, but the picture looked to good not to post it. I think I could eat it right off the screen. :) No, really I just have a tip to kick it up a notch! Some of you or maybe all of you may already know my tip and I was the only one in the dark for all these years, but just in case I will share my french toast making knowledge with you.
- Bread (duh)
- Eggs (duh)
- Milk (I like to mix a little with my eggs)
- Cinnamon
- And my secret weapon, drum roll please...... Ground Nutmeg
I actually got my "secret weapon" idea from the food network. Yes, I admit it, I'm a food network junkie (no pun intended). It sounded good the minute I heard it and ya know it really is. Just add a little to your egg/milk/cinnamon mixture, not too much, nutmeg can be over powering and dip away. I will never eat boring old french toast again. Just chase it down with a glass of ice cold milk. Really, just stick it in the freezer for a few minutes, it's great!
1 comment:
Here is another way to make french toast: coat bread (I like Texas toast) with the egg mixture, cover in corn flakes and then bake. 350 for about 10 minutes or so and Voila!(If that is how you spell it!) Crunchy French Toast and sooooo yummy!
Post a Comment