Pumpkin Cookies
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup margarine/butter
1.5 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. ginger
1 egg
1 cup m&m or chocolate chips
1 cup canned pumpkin
2 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 350
- In large bowl beat sugar, brown sugar and margarine until light and fluffy
- Add vanilla, egg and pumpkin; blend well
- Stir in flour (don't over pack the flour when measuring), baking soda, salt, cinnamon and ginger, mix well
- Stir in candy
- Drop onto ungreased cookie sheet using two spoons, 3 inches apart.
- Using metal spoon, flatten into 3 inch circles.
- Bake for 14-17 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
- Let cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; put on cooling rack. Yields approx 2 dozen.
Kate's tips:
- Candy - I have always used the chocolate chips and I use the whole bag rather than the 1 cup that the recipe calls for. (Can you tell that I love chocolate?) I think it's a good balance between the pumpkin & chocolate. I have asked others and they agree.
- Butter/Margarine - If using real butter the cookies will melt/spread more than if you use margarine. They will be more thin and crispy rather than light and fluffy. I prefer the light and fluffy.
- I don't flatten them, I just spoon them onto the cookie sheet
3 comments:
Ooooh, I can't wait to try these. I actually think I've had your pumpkin cookies before, because my mind is reminding me that they were really really good.
You have been busy, girlfriend!
I am so excited to have the recipe for your famous pumpkin cookies! yummy!
I love pumpkin cookies. I have to make them every fall. I always just grab a recipe off the internet and through in choc. chips. This year I will make yours.
can't wait
Post a Comment